10 Reasons why every reader should consider investing in a Kindle E-reader

E-books are gaining popularity in the market every passing day. Most authors today prefer E-publishing to traditional publishing. The whole process is pocket friendly as well as time saving. Since Amazon Kindle is the most popular E-reader, there are as many Kindle editions of books releasing every day.

When it comes to readers, paperbacks remain to be their eternal love. And why not? After all paperbacks are awesome. E-books cannot replace the feeling of satisfaction readers get while holding a book. But some smart decisions can change your life to a great extent.

Reading E-books, doesn’t mean you are doing injustice to your paperbacks. It is just that you are exploring the new world of books. If you love books, kindle should be a part of your life along with physical books. Here are few reasons to consider investing in a kindle device.

Affiliate link disclosure

1. Light weight

Kindle is much lighter compared to physical books. A basic kindle weighs around 210 grams. It will be a boon when you are on a travel and you want your books beside you. Since Kindle can store thousands of books, you will have the luxury to read from a huge pile, rather than carrying one or two books with you.

2. Vast storage

A basic Kindle with 3GB storage can hold upto 4000 books (even more depending on the length of books). Just Imagine, 4000 Books !!!!!

Unless you have a huge space in your house, will it be ever practical to store that much physical books in your book shelves ??? Then why not consider a little space for Kindle in your drawer?

Also wherever you go, you can carry this tiny sized huge portable library with you as I mentioned earlier.

3. Glare free screen

You may have Kindle App in your phone/tablet where you read Kindle books. But at the end of the day, long screen time is only going to harm your eyes. Kindle device uses E-Ink technology which keeps its screen completely glare free and eyes friendly. It is exclusively designed for reading purpose.

4. Pocket Friendly

Who doesn’t love to save few bucks especially when it is your hard earned money? You get Kindle editions at almost half the price of paperbacks, sometimes even cheaper when there is Kindle deals going on.

The Kindle device is also pocket friendly. Note, here we are talking about the basic kindle. A Basic Kindle will cost you just Rs.5999 and during festival season you can grab it for Rs. 4999. Just give a look here.

5. Free Books

Kindle books are cheaper compared to physical books. In addition to that Kindle offers a huge bunch of free books for its customers. You can simply read them at your leisure, free of cost.

6. Kindle Unlimited

Kindle Unlimited works like a library. You need to pay a subscription fees and it allows you to borrow books. You can borrow 10 books at a time. As and when you return them, you can borrow more books. If your subscription period ends in between, the books will automatically disappear from your device. Monthly subscription will cost you just Rs.199. They also have yearly and half yearly subscription options.

7. Adjustable Font size

Sometimes you may come across books that have very small fonts. You can consider reading them on kindle where you can adjust the font size according to your eyes’ taste. Isn’t it a cool feature?

8. Inbuilt dictionary

This is the most unique feature of a Kindle e-reader. Whenever you come across an unfamiliar word, what you need to do is just long press on that word and ta-da….. the inbuilt dictionary will pop up with the meaning. You need not google it or run for a physical dictionary around your house (I know, nobody does that now-a-days 😉). But yes, for that you should have your WiFi connected.

9. Convenience

You need not wait for days to get your favourite book delivered nor you need to search in book stores for months to find that particular book. Kindle books are just a few clicks away from your reach. Select, pay and grab your copy. That’s it .

10. Highlight Notes

Kindle allows you to highlight words/paragraphs just like you do in your physical books. But the only difference is you need not go back to those pages and search for your highlited paragraphs. There is a Notes section in Kindle where you can get all the highlighted areas at one place. When you click on them, it will take you to the respective pages.

A Kindle is an Eco-friendly gift that every reader should buy for himself/herself Click To Tweet

I can go on writing about Kindle, but let me stop here.

So these were some relevant reasons why you should consider investing in a Kindle E-reader. Some people do not even consider e-books as books. That is because they have never used a Kindle. Once you start using Kindle, you will love it just like you love your paperbacks.

So when are you going to buy your Kindle?😉 In case you wish to purchase one, click on the link below

Purchase link : If you purchase from this link I get a small commission while you do not pay any extra charges for the product.

And those who own a kindle, do share your experience. Do you agree that Kindle should also be a reader’s best friend?

I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter

Sharing is caring ☺️

Comments

1. […] Why Kindle? Click here […]

2. […] now, most of you must know that I am a die-hard Kindle fan. If you wonder why so, here are the reasons. Well, today I have five short story recommendations for you. Some of them are absolutely free on […]

3. […] and afterward, there was no looking back. Meanwhile, I also invested in a Kindle and that was the best investment I ever made in my […]

4. […] start with. When I bought my Kindle, I had no idea it would open a brand new world for me. Here are 10 Reasons why you should consider investing in Kindle if you don’t have one. I will never ever regret buying my Kindle. It’s really a […]

5. […] 10 REASONS WHY EVERY READER SHOULD CONSIDER INVESTING IN A KINDLE DEVICE […]

6. […] 10 REASONS WHY EVERY READER SHOULD CONSIDER INVESTING IN A KINDLE E-READER […]

7. Mahak says:

And #11, my book is only available on Kindle 😀
    Jokes apart, my reason was switching to Kindle was that I was running out of shelf space for books at home. I thought I would miss paper books but it’s actually not too bad

8. I had been thinking on this since long…now think I Definately need to invest in one…

9. I am a huge fan of e-book readers! My iPad is my new book shelf! Agree with you on all points! I hardly buy physical books these days anymore!

10. Hema says:

I love reading and kindle plays a very important role in my life. Totally agreed with all the pointers mentioned by you.

#MyFriendAlexa #zenithbuzzreads

11. To a bookworm, there is no greater pleasure in life than diving into a good book. Although many people still prefer good old paper books, digital natives and people who travel a lot love their ebooks and e-readers. Ebook readers have come a very long way since Amazon’s first Kindle came out in 2007. Amazon still offers the widest range of e-readers, which includes the humble Kindle and the Rolls Royce of e-readers, the Kindle Oasis. Of course, there are other great e-readers the iPad from Apple of which I am a huge fan of.

12. I have shared a suggestion with Amazon, that they should add the ‘new book fragrance’ to Kindle, and watch it flying off the shelves post that!:)
    As a voracious reader, I am all for Kindle, and have a similar post on my blog as well. Don’t know why it gets such bad press though!

13. Jheelam says:

My Kindle Paperwhite totally revolutionized my way of reading. It is so much better now. Those, who crinkle noses at the mention of E-books, are kind of nerve-grating.

14. For long I was a part of the band wagon, who boasted about loving the smell of paper of a book. But then I was gifted a kindle and since then I havn’t stopped using it. For me the most convenient part is that I dont have to worry about my kids tearing it off. That ways I can read much more.

15. Kalpana says:

I think these are all excellent reasons.

16. great post, i still like the feel of book in my hands, but it’s in back of my mind to switch to Eco friendly reading soon.

17. syncwithdeep says:

First hard cover books then i am ok with my phone.. Can adapt to anything actually.

18. I so agree with you! Kindle has opened another world to me. Have never been happier with a gadget investment

Great 🙂❤️ same here

19. Anindya says:

I absolutely agree with you and I love my Kindle, even though I love reading hardcovers and paperbacks too, but Kindle is much superior in terms of portability, accessibility and ease of use. Just completed The Woman in the Window by A J Fynn, and it is fabulous.

1. Maya Bhat says:

That’s a famous book. I will consider reading it if you are saying it is fabulous 🤗

1. Anindya says:

Yes Maya…..I am sure you will like it…I have just posted my review on it…

20. Sinjana says:

I think Kindle is great. It’s cheap and ecofriendly and portable.

21. nyamat dhaliwal says:

I feel I can never read books on a digital device. I don’t know what it is, but I just can’t. Maybe I love the feeling of having a book in my hand and turning actual pages lol!

😀 Trees are gonna cry if they see this 😂

1. Prem Kumar Kolukula says:

😂😂

22. Meenakshi says:

I love my Kindle Whitepaper and cant think of travelling without it.This said, I am not very fond of Kindle Unlimited though.I feel it lacks options.How about you?

1. Maya Bhat says:

I am yet to read so many titles. So as of now I find it great. 😇 But yes I subscribe only if I feel I will be reading so many books in that particular month. Else I don’t

23. Milan says:

your post have enticed me enough to buy one, lets see when though!!

24. Milan says:

Your post has enticed me enough to buy one, lets see when though!!

🙂🙏👍

25. Milan says:

I doesn’t harm to try new things. Your post has managed to entice me enough to buy one; lets see when though.

26. I have still not used Kindle coz i did not need it but it was really good to know the positive sides.

27. I agree with you Maya on all those points, especially that it is eco-friendly and adjustable font size, however, I love to hold books in my hand. I love the feel of paper and the smell of old books!

1. Maya Bhat says:

❤️❤️ when you say old books, i remember one more point, kindle is dust free compared to books. But yes we have to keep it clean too 😷

28. I was very apprehensive about investing in a Kindle. Finally, when I decided to buy it, My Joy knew no bounds. I love it and I enjoy reading on it especially at nights after my little girl sleeps.

❤️❤️

29. Im old school when it comes to reading but here, in Poland it’s a challenge to find the English books to read so recently installed Kindle and enjoying it. Valid points mentioned, Maya.

1. Maya Bhat says:

Yes same here in Austria. That’s what made me to buy a kindle. But now I am enjoying it.

1. Oh, I didnt know you are in Austria, we r planning to visit Vienna and Salzburg soon 🙂

1. Maya Bhat says:

Wao that’s great !! Salzburg is a beautiful place. You will many Indian tourists there…. Vienna is full of Indians I guess. You will find so many…

I live in Graz btw.

1. Yes heard a lot and I am sure will love it too 🙂 Thanks Maya

30. Nice post. Would love to try it.

☺️ 👍

31. Bikramjit says:

Nice post, kindle is definitely for book lover, one thing i doubt about its longevity, otherwise it is very much enjoyable

1. Maya Bhat says:

Gadget life is unknown though.. I am using it for one year now. Also one of my friend have mentioned in the comments that she has been using it since 2014. Still, longevity is a question mark ??

32. I still like to feel and smell the pages of the book. But now I have been considering to buy a Kindle and guess your write up works wonders in motivating me to get one home soon…

1. Maya Bhat says:

You will love it once you buy. It is not replacement. It is an addition. ☺️ Kindle deals are amazing sometimes.

33. I tried to purchase a Kindle many times now decided not to. I don’t know why call be old-school or something else I just cannot find that connect and feel the smell of pages give me in a kindle! All my friends moved to kindle and its not that I didn’t give it a try but when i did i did not feel that connect!

1. Maya Bhat says:

You are very loyal to paperbacks ☺️. Many people do not feel the connect. It is a personal choice.

1. True that! How much every i tried I couldn’t get past paperbacks.

34. I agree with all points. ever since I got my kindle in hand, I’ve sort of stopped ordering paperbacks

1. Maya Bhat says:

Which kindle did you buy? 😀

1. basic one. only wifi. I’ve been using it since 2014✌️

1. Maya Bhat says:

Great !! Mine is also same. It is pocket friendly 😀. Unfortunately I lately discovered kindle device. I bought it last year.

1. kindle is just apt for book lovers like us. I love it mainly while traveling. So easy to carry, no extra load. 🤗

35. b0rn_2_read says:

I prefer ebooks to physical books, so Kindle is my best friend😍

Yes I can feel you 😉

36. Tina Basu says:

As much as i like my Kindle and iPad, i enjoy a printed book too.

1. Maya Bhat says:

A mix is always good. But it is sad when people blindly negative zone kindle, even without using it once.

37. Tina Basu says:

As much as I love my Kindle and iPad for reading, I enjoy reading a printed book too.

38. totally agree… I am always a big fan of this in the kindle vs books debate simply because it allows so much choice for me to carry along while travelling

Yes absolutely !!

39. abhiray59 says:

Nice post. You are forcing me to invest in a Kindle.

1. Maya Bhat says:

You should. That will be a golden asset along with your paperback collections (if you have one) ☺️
      Kindle is a win win situation

Thanks vijay ☺️

40. Absolutely true! Though I don’t like the Kindle Unlimited subscription because most of the time your favourite book ain’t on it! Sigh

Then you can consider buying books.. ☺️ No big deal

41. ‪Except for missing the fresh paper smell, I get everything on kindle… :)‬

That’s what I mean by eternal love for paperbacks ☺️

42. Ramya says:

I understand and agree on all points. Kindle is the best friend for any book lover.

Ofcourse it is ☺️❤️

43. As the author of an e-book, I definitely agree with you and vouch for these reasons. As a reader, my vote will always be for paperbacks. For me, nothing matches the feel and smell of a book,something that kindle can never match up to..Conflict of interest.

1. Maya Bhat says:

Yes conflict of interest. 😉 But if you haven’t tried using the device, you should try once.

44. shalini says:

I read of e reader because I can change font size.
    Well I can read on the phone too. So I am good either ways

1. Maya Bhat says:

Ha ha , me too.. but kindle is first preference to phone.

1. shalini says:

In the night, I find the black background of the kindle app on the phone soothing. I feel the kindle-eReader hurts my eyes with lights off..

1. Maya Bhat says:

Which kindle do you use? Paperwhite? Basic kindle cannot be read in dark, so asked…

1. shalini says:

My kindle paperwhite can be read as it has its own light

45. Lavanya says:

I am a self published author and a kindle fanatic long before that. Totally agree.

☺️ ❤️