Wrong Number (Flash fiction)

“Hello,” said the voice on the phone. “My name is Sagarika Prajapathi. I know you never expected a call from me, as famous as I am, but I’ve been given your name as someone who can help me get an appointment with the Minister.”

It did not take him much time to recognize her voice. Sagarika, his childhood friend, teenage love, his wife…….

She wished to become a fashion model. Her parents were not supportive. He promised her she can pursue her dreams once they get married. He enrolled her in the best modelling school. He worked overtime to fulfill her dreams. One fine day he got a promotion and transfer to another city. She said she will stay back and complete her course.

7 years has been a long time. Yes, she stayed back forever. Famous movie director Mr. Prajapathi had a lot more to offer her.

“Hello, you there? Fix me an appointment soon. I have no time to waste.” She interrupted his thoughts.

He sighed; “Even I don’t have time to waste. Wrong Number.”

Write Tribe

Sharing is caring ☺️

Comments

1. Really well-written heart-breaking piece of flash-fiction. This being my fav genre currently, must say you nailed it!

2. Monika says:

Interesting one .

3. How can she call her prev hubby and not aware in times of truecaller, but good that he said its wrong number and avoided this high headed rude lady. even if it was not her hubby she was rude.

4. surprising how can she be not aware whom she had called in times of truecaller and still be so rude, good decision that hubby said it’s a wrong number, she was not worth talking.

5. Tamanna Shah says:

It is a selfish world. Such people do exist and will continue to exist. Beautiful story.

6. Abhijit Ray says:

Well said. Arrogant and selfish woman. Nice story. I wish he had fixed an appointment and not met her.

1. Maya Bhat says:

Ha ha that was a better idea i guess

7. Such people do actually exist in the real world too, who don’t hesitate or aren’t even ashamed to ask for favours from someone they betrayed.

1. Maya Bhat says:

Ha ha.. yes ofcourse !! Mean people are all around us.

8. Such people do actually exist in the real world too, who don’t hesitate or aren’t even ashamed to ask for favours from someone they betrayed.

9. Reminded me of story of La La Land movie. Very nice Mayakka

1. Maya Bhat says:

Thanks a lot Gautham. I am very happy to see you here. ☺️

1. I am glad. I newly created WordPress account. It should be Maya pachi ☺️

1. Maya Bhat says:

No, it’s akka only. 😂. Will sort out by personal message.

10. Reminded me of story of La La Land movie. Very nice Mayakka 🙂

11. mohan312 says:

Very interesting story.If you don’t mind please have some time to follow me on Facebook page.Technical Blog is my page name.Humanoid robot is the profile picture of my facebook page.

1. Maya Bhat says:

Thanks a lot Mohan. Sure will check your page and follow it

1. mohan312 says:

You are most welcome

12. Vinitha says:

The husband made the right decision by disconnecting the call. I don’t know how she could call him up to ask for a favor after this long! Nice work, Maya. 🙂

1. Maya Bhat says:

She didn’t know it was he 😀

1. Vinitha says:

I didn’t realize that. Uh oh, Sagarika! 😀

13. Anagha Yatin says:

Very interesting story. Kept me hooked till end Maya!
    Coincidentally, I had captioned my post for the day as “Wrong Number” but upon checking your entry just before mine, at the last moment, I changed the title of my story to “Wrong Number, Wrong Time”…hahaha! But this coincidence got me in touch with you with this story!

1. Maya Bhat says:

Really!! Will check yours soon. Sounds interesting. Thanks a lot sharing your thoughts ☺️

14. Ravi S says:

Excellent and raw. At times selfishness takes over feelings. Nice story

1. Maya Bhat says:

True. ☺️

15. Kurian says:

Something would have happened if she agreed to listen patiently

1. Maya Bhat says:

May be. 😀 Should I go for a second part?

1. Kurian says:

The thing is, I like Happy endings. I can cry in those scenarios

16. Heartbreaking though the twist was brilliant. Glad that Mr. Prajapathi made the right choice.

1. Maya Bhat says:

You are mistaken. She went with Mr. Prajapati. This guy is the husband.

1. Sorry. I thought he was only Prajapathi. Infact was thinking of asking you why does she still use his name? Now I got the point.

What do you think?