Rice cake in Pressure cooker (Guest post by Hashira Hakeem)
Rice cake!! sounds different right? Here comes the recipe of Rice Cake by Hashira .
White rice- 1 cup
Cooked boiled rice- 1/2 cup
Water- 1 cup + 1/2 cup
Salt- to taste
Oil- 3 TBS
Coconut flakes- 3 TBS
Baking soda- 2 pinch
Small jeera- 1 tsp
- Soak white rice for 1 hour.
- After one hour, grind rice with 1 cup water, boiled rice, salt, cardamom and jeera to a fine paste.
- Transfer the ground paste to a bowl. Add baking soda and mix well.
- In a medium sized pan, add the remaining half cup of water and place jaggery in it. Allow the jaggery to melt over a low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pass the melted jaggery through a sieve to remove impurities.
- Now mix it with the rice paste.
- Heat pressure cooker. Add oil, saute coconut flakes and raisins.
- Pour the rice and jaggery mixture into it. Do not stir.
- Close the cooker without weight (Whistle).
- Cook on a high flame for 1 and 1/2 minutes and in a low flame for 15 minutes.
- Check if the cake is cooked by inserting a tooth pick. (It should come out clean)
- If not done, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Allow the cooker to cool.
- Once it cools, loosen the sides of the cake using a knife or backside of a spoon.
- Flip it over to another plate.
Our Yummy Rice cake is ready.
Thank you Hashira.